Good Bass or not

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bassman2004, Jul 5, 2001.

1. bassman2004

Jun 22, 2001
    I was wondering: Everyone is talking about dream basses and such like that and I'm a new bass player and I just finally got my bass on the 3rd and I am wondering? What makes a good bass good? Does it have anything to do with brand name? Is it material Or type of pickups and headstock? I am wondering how I can tell if my bass is a good one. Its a Yamaha Attitude Plus. I like it pretty well. So I guess that's all that really matters. What makes your bass good?
  2. How long it stays in tune. How stable the neck is. Do the frets buzz way too much? Do the electronics buzz when cranked? Do the pots feel sticky or feel like there's sand in them? How smooth are the tuning machines? These are all things I check for to see if a bass is good. But you said it yourself. If you like then that's all that matters. Good luck with your new bass.
  3. <ul>
    <li> sound
    <li> feel
    <li> looks
    <li> versatility
  4. Suburban

Jan 15, 2001
    lower mid Sweden
    1 Strings
    2 Neck stiffness (incl body and jonit if not neck-thru, incl resonance frequensies)
    3 Pickups
    4 Electronics
    5 Ergonomics (does it fit YOU? Should really be #1, but as it is individual...¤shrug¤)
    6 Body wood, construction and design.

Honestly. Not just opinion (uhoh, did I sitck my neck out now? ;))
  5. Stangg

Stangg Guest

well, you can change the strings. The major thing i look for is the feel. That includes comfort, ergonomics, etc.