1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Good bass shops near Hickory, NC?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Sound Chaser, Apr 6, 2006.

1. Sound Chaser

Sound Chaser

Mar 19, 2005
    Lockport, NY
    I'm visiting a few relatives in this area, and I was wondering if there are any good shops around for me to check out. Here's a link to a map, if you need it. It's like an hour or an hour and a half north of Charlotte, I think.

http://maps.google.com/maps?oi=map&q=Hickory,+NC

Thanks!

2. CDT

CDT

May 29, 2005
    triad, nc
    there's not a lot of anything in hickory...

3. jive1

jive1 Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    If you don't mind driving a little ways, you can visit Gard at the Roscoe Facotry in Greensboro.

4. Thats what I was thinking. Raleigh has a couple good places, well one and a Guitar Center. Don's Music City (I think thats right) is also in Greensboro, they had a couple Roscoes and some Aguilar stuff. Theres also one just north of Greensboro, but the name escapes me right now.

Tell me if you want a little more info on anything, Ill try to help.

Dave

5. jake_tim

jake_tim

Jun 28, 2005
    North Carolina
    i live in lincolnton about 30 mins from lincolnton, and the best thing really is samash or guitar center in charlotte... sorry i hate the drive too.

BUT THERES A ROSCOE FACTORY IN GREENSBORO??!!:hyper:

-jake

6. THE Roscoe shop is in Greensboro.

7. Sound Chaser

Sound Chaser

Mar 19, 2005
    Lockport, NY
    I know a lot of people like them, but I really hate the looks of Roscoes. Thanks for the info, though.

8. tubadude

tubadude Supporting Member

Dec 8, 2004
    greensboro nc
    If you are interested in upright bass, the Bass Violin Shop is also in Greensboro.

9. jive1

jive1 Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Yup, the one and only!

Stop by and comment to Gard on how fat he is. He appreciates constructive criticism like that.

10. Darn, thats what I forgot when I was up there. Guess Ill have to make another trip up there.

:D

11. J.Wolf

J.Wolf Gear Reviewer - Bass Musician Magazine Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2003
    Asheville, NC
    I'd make the trek and go to Atlanta bass gallery. That place is like a bass wonderland. Asheville is where I live, and we've got a few decent places. Don's music city in Asheville has some decent basses, as well as SWR and Mesa cabs. Musicians workshop in Asheville has some ampeg rigs, and fender and ibanez basses, and smasing guitars in Asheville has some very cool used stuff and the owner is a bass player. I'd say worth an hour drive from hickory! Get in touch with me if you come up and want to check out any of my gear as well.
    :)

12. Yup, check out my location above...as a matter of fact, I'm sittin' at my desk just across the street from the baseball field in downtown Greensboro as I am typing this. Gimme a shout and stop by anytime.

And it's not "a" Roscoe factory, as someone mentioned, it's the one and only Roscoe "factory" (it's really more like a small woodshop...).

:)

13. Y'know...transference is an ugly ugly thing sometimes...and so is your mirror.

(aka: Yeah, I may be fat, but you're ugly, and I can diet.)

:spit:

;)

14. Practically right around the corner from the Roscoe shop. :cool:

...another Greensboro-ite! :hyper:

Y'otta stop in!

15. Ari Lehtela builds pretty amazing guitars and basses in Newell (NE Charlotte area). He has a small shop/showroom on Old Concord Road.

16. A+ Music on Hwy 127 N. in Viewmont, they specialize in Vintage guitars and equipment - but usually have a couple basses there also. Tell Billy that Chad says hello.

The Music Center next to Home Depot is a Fender and Ibanez dealer.

Not much else there...:crying:

Chad

17. Wow homeboys!!! I usually go over to Greensboro or down to Charlotte to gawk and GAS, but Jackson's music in W-S has a respectable bass collection for a small shop. ESP, Peavy, Ibanez, Fender, as well as Ampeg, Peavy, and Mesa amps and cabs. And they have always treated me right.

18. Yo, you're in W-S??? Cool...have you been by the shop??? If not, gimme a yell sometime and drop in! :)

19. jive1

jive1 Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Diet, yeah right.......

"Diet" isn't in the vocabulary of most Cajuns :D