Good Bass Store in Dallas/Ft Worth area?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Jarrett, Feb 19, 2010.

1. Jarrett

Jarrett

Jan 19, 2004
    Waxahachie, Tx
    I've been out of the bass gear scene for a few years and now have some money burning a hole in my pocket. Where are the good stores for bass gear these days in the Dallas/Ft. Worth metroplex area? Also, where would be a good place to get high end/custom basses worked on? Thanks in advance.

2. carbonfold

carbonfold Supporting Member

Oct 13, 2006
    Dallas, Texas
    I know this would be a very old response (diggin around TB). For getting your guitar or bass worked on for setup, the guys at Charlies do a great job. There are handfuls more, but they got a rep for good work. I wouldn't recommend Murphy's. Though quick and very inexpensive, you will not (usually) be impressed with how they setup guitars or basses (just an opinion :)).

As for buying gear....... well I haven't found a God send of a bass store (unless you go to Bass Emporium of Austin ( www.bassemporium.com ). Maybe the closest thing would be Zoo's Music in Garland. I'm not fond of the 4% fee they charge you for using a credit card, but they do usually have gear on my radar that no one else locally carries. BUT usually, if I know what I want, I buy it here or used from someone personally.

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 25, 2021