Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Good bass stores in Nashville, TN?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by groov'ster, Aug 30, 2005.

1. I'll be making a business trip to Nashville in November and I've never been. I am looking for some good bass stores to go to since I am there.

I'd like to try out as much stuff as possible, like:
    Eden
    Schroeder
    Epifani

Give me names of shops to go to?

Thanks in advance.

2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    That'll help. C'mon, man, you've got until November.

3. Get Google Earth. You can get a map of Nashville and all the music stores in the area.

4. Sorry I get impatient sometimes.....besides I've got some serious GAS right now and I can't wait to get there. I've never been to a good, high end bass shop and well I'm getting :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: .

5. Yea I looked at that as well before asking, but I wanted to hear from you guys who would really know where to go.

6. The Lowend bass shop has tons of great gear, I was at a Dallas Guitar show in April of this year and they where there. I got to play a lot of sweet basses. They are outside of Nashville and I would say if there selection is as half as good as what they brung to a guitar show then you will not be disappointed! Check there site out here...

Peace,

7. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    I travel to Nashville a bit on Business. Low End is a cool place run by our own Brian Barrett. He's just south of town in Murfesboro.

www.thelowend.com

I also would check out Corner Music, he is a Sadowsky and Mike Lull dealer along with Genz Benz. I'm not sure what else he carries.

http://www.cornermusic.com/

One other cool place is Gruhn guitars, one of the largest used dealers in the country. Odds are he'll have at least four pre CBS Fenders in stock, maybe more.

www.gruhnguitars.com

8. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Memphis, TN
    Murfreesboro is a fair drive from Nashville.

Gruhn's is cool because they usually have a lot of vintage stuff. But they want top-dollar for them. And they're not as fun as they used to be. Now they have signs everywhere saying not to touch anything. Anything you want to try, you're supposed to ask the staff to get it down for you. Even if it's right at floor level.

Corner Music, to me, is the must-visit store in Nashville. They usually have a pretty decent supply of good basses; and they encourage you to try out anything you feel like playing. I haven't bought anything there for awhile, but they used to be pretty good about offering a pretty good price if you find something you like.

And if you're in Nashville at night, check out some of the bars on Broadway (the main street downtown). They don't look like much, but usually have some talented musicians. Places like Tootsie's World Famous Lounge; Roberts Western World; etc.

9. The guitar center is still a guitar center...BUT it does seem to have a slightly better bass selection than others I've been in around the country....but it's still guitar center :)

Corner Music is great. JD is the bass man there. He was trying to blowout his HH Stingrays the last time I spoke to him.

The Lowend in Murfreesboro of course.

There is a guy named Rich Guerrero that builds and customizes basses for re-sale. He is near Opryland and was very nice. He encouraged me to come to his showroom in his house.

I'm a little skepitcal...but there is a new Best Buy Musical Instrument chain starting. There is one about to open in the Cool Springs area.

Try to check out the Wooten Brothers too. I'll meet ya there if I'm not on the road.

Very rarely, Adam Nitti might play a show around town. I was taking lessons from him for a little while. I really need to get back at them. He is a great guy and amazing player. Definitely the best teacher I've had.

10. i want to go see the Wooten Brothers....3rd and linsley (sp?)....right??
    i was told that is where the usually play.
    and yea +1 on checking out the downtown scene.

11. 3rd & Lindsley's

It's a great medium-small venue. I've seen Adam Nitti there a couple times. I took lessons from him for awhile. He's local. I also saw JJ Grey & Mofro there recently.
    That was a GREAT show. It was like a revival.
    I'm always down to go to the Wootens. They play every Wednesday night. I burned myself out on it going every week, but it's been awhile.

I may go to Sambuca's tonight to see a fellow TB'r.

Albatross, are there any decent places in Jackson for say, a cover band to play.
    I remember TJ Mujlligans. My brother played there a couple times. I play Memphis often, and it'd be nice to book something in Jackson, on the way to Memphis.

Peace