Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Good bass stores???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by XPshychoticXPyr, Jun 11, 2004.

1. So im probably going to Los Angeles this saturday and dont really have any set plans other than to goto the beach and romp around. Now would there be good bass/music stores to go look and google at while im there? Maybe even drive home with something nice and good? Any ideas bass related and non are welcome, sorry if this is the wrong forum.

-Vince

2. Tony

Tony

Feb 16, 2004
    Southern California
    About the only cool place to check out for bass in LA right now would be Black Market Music, on La Cienega between Melrose and Santa Monica blvd. They do consignment and a lot of guys dump gear there. You can find a lot of old rack gear and stomp boxes to play with.

Other than that, there's GC and Carvin across the street from each other on Sunset, and a couple smaller shops immediately surrounding them. Mostly again old Fenders, but I saw a Wal in one of them not too long ago. LA Bass Exchange up in the Valley closed their store front and as far as I know are interenet only, but I could be wrong on that - maybe someone else can verify that they're still closed (I just don't ever get that far up into the Valley ...).

Hope it helps,
    Tony

3. Aram

Aram

Feb 2, 2003
    New York, NY
    Bass Exchange (though I think it's called 'The Amp Shop' now)...lots o' high-end goodies.

13701 Ventura Blvd Sherman Oaks CA 91423

www.bassexchange.com

4. bump...ok i have 2 now anyone else? bass or non bass things to check out.

-Vince