Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Good bass through mediocre multi-effect?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MOR_Lio, May 20, 2005.

1. MOR_Lio

MOR_Lio

Sep 9, 2004
    Hi everyone,

I am about to get a new American Fender Jazz Bass( and I am pretty excited about it). The thing is that right now, I am using the ZOOM 506-II multi effect pedal. I think the multi-effect is decent for the 100 bucks I paid for it, but let's face it, it is not the best quality on the market.

My question is: would using such a multi-effect affect negatively the sound of my new Fender or not?

2. jja412

jja412 Fine gear enthusiast

Feb 2, 2004
    St. Louis
    I think it will definitely affect your tone, and in my opinion it would definitely HURT it. Go straight to the amp, or get some other effects.

3. MOR_Lio

MOR_Lio

Sep 9, 2004
    Even if I only use a neutral effect, like njust a compressor and some equalizer settings?

4. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    This should do the same thing in a smaller package.

[​IMG]

5. jja412

Feb 2, 2004
    St. Louis
    My experience with the Zoom says that the only good setting is disconnected...

6. jja412

Feb 2, 2004
    St. Louis
    I get a similar sound as that by just using my stellar techniques...after all, "tone (suckage) is in the fingers." :D

I noticed he has the SUCK knob dimed... I tend to use mine at about 2 o'clock. :bassist: