Good bass to play

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by RHCFlea, Jun 16, 2001.

1. RHCFlea

RHCFlea

Jun 16, 2001
    Washington DC
    I am a beginning bassist who can play some basic stuff like settle for nothing and come as you are and sunshine of your love (and of course brain stew).

I want to know some other good songs that are relatively easy with good bass parts, and some harder stuff to work on.

Could you help me out.

A BASS IS NOT A GUITAR!
    My brother and my friend have no respect for the bass :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: I'm tired of people saying I play guitar :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: guitar sucks compared to bass (except hendrix) my friend also says the Red Hot Chili Peppers are gay :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: and he likes wheatus

2. easy and simple song : Metalica - Enter sandman

good learning song : Rage against the machine - killing in the name of...

And yes.. we all know the sad " bassplayers are frustrated guitarplayers " story.. well.. let me tell you.. i have only 2 words about that... " F#ck it! "

I play the bass because I like it.. i don't give a fried-chicken's ass about what other people think about it..

- AdX -

3. Uhm...actually, if you look at the main forum title, it says Bass Guitar.
    Sure, it's not a guitar in the sense that it has fatter strings and covers notes lower than a 'traditional' guitar, it's shape & everything has still been inspired by the guitar.

Oh, and on a side note...how the hell did you get 50 or so smileys into a single post? Every time I have more than 5 in a post it says that I've got too many. :p

4. RHCFlea

RHCFlea

Jun 16, 2001
    Washington DC
    Well as to the bass guitar thingamabob, that's not what I was talking about. It was more of when people see me playing bass and say i'm playing guitar.
    For the smilies I did copy and paste, which might be why it worked or maybe I'm just special

huh it doesn't work now
    I'm not special anymore :( :( :( :( :( anyway thanx for the suggestions other Allodox

Sandman is a little boring though

5. Ah...yes...
    BUT, you said that "A BASS IS NOT A GUITAR!" which is right - if you're talking about a double bass. However, what you play, the bass guitar, is in all senses of the word, a type of guitar. Just look at the first bass guitars ever made. A lot were made short-scale so it'd be easier for guitarists to play bass as well. The bass guitar is a type of guitar, which means your comment was half correct. :D

However, if people say you play guitar, tell them it's a bass guitar. If they continue to call it a guitar, chances are they're doing it just to get on your nerves, and you're letting it happen. ;)