1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Good Bass Wah

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by chief redcok, Jul 23, 2012.

1. Looking for a good bass wah that could possibly be compatible with a lowpass filter- Moog MF101.

NOT the Dunlop 105Q, hated that piece of crap.

Just looking something for a deep funk...

2. enjoi1018

enjoi1018

Apr 18, 2011
    Auburn, AL
    Why'd you hate the 105 so much?

3. I like the Weeping Demon and my Morley PWF.

4. GigFX SubWah shakes the house. Total overlooked gem that has been the only pedal to survive the last year and a half on my board.

5. I like my Dan-O-Wah in Funk mode with the octave down, on. Without the Octave down, it becomes way too trebly. I also have been on the look out for a used EBS Wahone. Those are supossed to be really, really good but I haven't tried one yet. Only gripe with the Dano is there is some volume loss. Not enough of a drop to force me out of it, but disclosure and all...

6. Coldmilk

Coldmilk

Jun 13, 2011
    San Diego
    I didn't like the 105Q either; disliked the huge bass boost and even turning down the internal trim pot it still had some delay. I'm using the Morley PBA-II wah now, its a lot bigger but I greatly prefer it to the Dunlop.

7. meursault42

meursault42

Jun 21, 2006
    I guess I don't understand what you mean by something that's compatible with your MF-101. Can't you just get the EP-2 and use it to manually control the filter sweep?

8. drea2304

drea2304

Feb 13, 2012
    Central IL
    I'm liken my G-Labs bass wowee wah.

9. Yurtra

Yurtra

Apr 26, 2010
    Montreal, Canada
    I'm REALLY digging my SA BEF Pro+expression pedal (controlling modulation or frequency) combination for wah sounds. It also does about a million other things, so you really can't go wrong!

10. Aureus

Aureus

Apr 17, 2012
    Europe
    wow, much hate on the 105Q ! i like the dunlop. (fully counterclockwise, nice subtle wah imo)

to topic: some say very good things to the EBS Stanley Clarke Wah. Also i believe you should have a serious look on morleys anyways and if you dont care about price have a look at the fulltone clyde deluxe. plutoneium chiWahWah for bass could be mentioned as a small wah, if you have pb probs.

11. Caca de Kick

Caca de Kick Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    I love my 105Q, it's drippin with funk when I use it.

But I once owned a Morley, the sweep to me is rather "robotic" because it uses a series of led sensors rather than a sweeping pot.

12. Coldmilk nailed the reason why I hate the Dunlop.

13. Alvaro Martín Gómez A.

Alvaro Martín Gómez A. TalkBass' resident Bongo + cowbell player

I have a Wilson bass wah. You can hear it here and decide for yourself if you like it or not.

14. And yesss meursault42, I think that might be what I am looking for Im just a bit slow haha

15. Yeaaa I was looking at some Wilson effects earlier this year, really great company with really great products

16. I've used a few different wahs... I tried the Morley wah.. Awesome sound .. I liked it quite a bit but it took up some real estate on my board

The gig fx sub wah... Cool tone but poor construction.. And WAY over priced..

The winner for me was the Dunlop 105q.. The best all around once it's dialed in.. Standard wah footprint.. Highly durable affordable and versatile .. I use it both in studio and live

17. I should change this thread to Best Expression pedal /wah

18. Good* not best, lemme know

19. Plutoneium Bass Chi-Wah-Wah...I love mine. It's a switchless wah too.

20. That's why I didn't like the Dunlop 105Q. Too subtle. When playing live, I really like a crazy, over the top sound since anything less tends to get lost anywhere beyond the stage. Dunlop's Q was to mellow for me, even when I had it cranked up.

I liked the Q that you can get with an EHX Enigma:QBalls, but the way that the unit treats the input from the expression pedal wasn't very functional. Hard to explain other then it was either off or on and it was tough to control it subtly.

I tried an EBS one, and it was better, but I'm still on the search...