good bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Duff Man, Oct 18, 2004.

1. Duff Man

Duff Man

Oct 18, 2004
  2. I would try to find something different.
    But heck, if you can get it for like 100 what's there to lose?
    you coudl always mod it.
  3. I have a friend who sets up guitars, was a guitar tech for many years for many national acts and he worked retail for awhile. While he was working retail, he decided to have the store try a few Ravens out. He said that they were some of the best guitars, price to performance ratio wise. Here's the deal, though. As long as that is an original Raven (which that one is, I believe, because of the estate auction) then you're getting a good value. The New Ravens he has no clue about, but you can figure that they aren't as good. I think the Ravens went for about $500.00 and were retailed much higher. Just as a reference. I was looking at a Raven for a guitar when that auction happened and I talked to the Auction company and they had said that all of those guitars are original ravens and that they hadn't even been taken out of the boxes, except to photograph.
  4. 5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    When Raven was actually selling these, the 5 string quilt topped bolt-on could be ordered from their site for about $420. The list price was right around $800. From teh sound clips and reviews I have heard/read, I gather that they area very competitive quality instrument with consistency similar to Ibanez and Spector as far as production basses. I would think you'd be getting a good deal if you payed anything below $300, but I don't think I'd bid over $350 due to the companies forclosure.
  5. DubDubs

Aug 23, 2004
    Los Angeles
    For that price BUY IT!
  6. lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    I'd go up to $150