1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Good basses around the $1500-1800 mark? USED

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by The_Orlonater, Feb 20, 2008.

1. The_Orlonater

The_Orlonater

Jun 6, 2007
    Hey TB, I'm going to need another good bass soon because of some practicing reasons because one bass is somewhere while I have no place somewhere else and I'm doing nothing for hours. Anyway, what would some suggestions on basses from the $1500-$1800 mark used; I like well built instruments, money isn't too much of a problem. Anyway, what would you guys suggest? I'd like to try to buy the bass on the internet, don't really know where I can try out a lot of things ,but anyway post away. It can be a 4 banger, 5 banger, or 6 banger ,but preferably 5. I don't really use the B much.

2. You could get a new EBMM for that price range. :bassist:

<--- Shameless MusicMan fanboy

3. bassic_element

bassic_element

Sep 20, 2006
    :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
    :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

one bass is somewhere while I have no place somewhere else and I'm doing nothing for hours:eyebrow::eyebrow::eyebrow::confused:

what type of music do you play? what tone are you looking for!?

4. The_Orlonater

The_Orlonater

Jun 6, 2007
    Lol, I never really liked Stingray necks, are Bongos and Sterlings similar? I kind of thought their necks were kind of flat. I hate flat necks.

5. The_Orlonater

The_Orlonater

Jun 6, 2007

Well since you had to quote me. My parents are divorced and I have no bass at my mom's, so I do nothing for a while. Also since I don't really have much time dragging my heavy bass and amp.

6. I wouldn't consider any of the MM necks to be flats. Bongos are similar to that of the SR and SR5 (they are finished though) and the Sterling has more of a jazz neck.

7. The_Orlonater

The_Orlonater

Jun 6, 2007
    More similar to jazz? Really, I always liked jazz type necks.

8. It really depends on the sound you are looking for---if you don't use the B much, but do like to drop below E once in awhile, you can get Kubicki Ex Factor that has drop-D on the E string for $1000-$1400 on eBay. Rics are way over-priced, but if you are patient you can get one in the upper reaches of the range you are looking in. American Deluxe Fender Jazzes have great tone and playability for below your range used.

9. Ace Of Bass

Ace Of Bass A Rooster Illusion

Jun 27, 2006
    DC
    A used Lakland 55-94, Sadowsky Metro,Mike Lull, MPG (Matt Pulcinella Guitars),Dingwall Super J, Warwick Dolphin (maybe).......... list goes on and on........gotta know what tone you're after, though.....

10. bassic_element

bassic_element

Sep 20, 2006
    well what's your other bass? I am pretty sure this is gonna be mentioned a used Sadowsky Metro, or a Roscoe, Mike Lull perhaps?! If you wanna buy a bass online, why don't you try the classifieds in here?!

11. The_Orlonater

The_Orlonater

Jun 6, 2007
    Kubicki? Hmm...Maybe. Thanks for the price range on those. Which reminds me that there's a nice Sadowsky for $1400 on ebay! It'll probably be gone by the time I have some money for bass.

12. bassic_element

bassic_element

Sep 20, 2006
    Or sell your current setup, buy a much nicer bass and a light weight combo like a Mark Bass.

13. The_Orlonater

The_Orlonater

Jun 6, 2007
    Yeah, I could do that. A used Warwick Thumb, I bought it sort of cheap ,but a little overpriced because there's scratches and some dents on it. No big deal; the Thumb is pretty heavy though.

14. quadrogong

quadrogong

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Sadowsky!

15. Sadowsky

16. The_Orlonater

The_Orlonater

Jun 6, 2007
    Most Sadowsky's I see are above $2000 even if they're used.

17. PocketGroove82

PocketGroove82

Oct 18, 2006
    Chicago
    I bought my sadowsky metro used, but in perfect condition, for 1600 off talkbass.
    It's a keeper. If you wait, you can find a deal.

18. elrick

mine is bigger

19. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Personally, I would be looking for a Warwick Streamer Stage I if I had that kind of cash available to me.

20. lm183902

lm183902

Aug 19, 2007
    Denver, CO
    I'll second Elrick. I let mine go on here for a bit over $1700 and it was a killer bass. In fact, as I am typing this, I'm missing it even more.