good basses to slap??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Julien, Feb 11, 2002.

1. Julien

Dec 29, 2001
    could you tell me some good basses for slap whose price is around 500-600 us dollars???

2. Fender Jazzbass,
    Yamaha BBG,
    Spector NS2000/Q,
    Warwick rockbass corvette SE.

3. lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    Allodo, you disgust me by leaving out a stingray like that.
  4. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    Yeah! What about those $600 Stingrays?:p
  5. IMO the Aria pro II IGB 68 is one of the best slap basses I have ever played, don't know if you can get it for $600 though, worth checking out....
  6. Julien

Dec 29, 2001
    the aria is the one with the unique pickup,(like the stingray??)l love when there's room between the pickup and the fret board....
  7. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    Allo, if you can find an import bass that lists for $1500 in the country it's made in, in another country, for $600, let me know! ;) :D
  8. Glad to be of service, sir :D

9. Eh ?
  10. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    Whoops, not intended for you, but there other guy. :)
  11. Any bass that misbehaves in my mind deserves a good slappin' and a beatin'!
    Seriously, any bass that can be lowered down without buzzing will work out. For the price range you are asking, I wouldn't be too picky about it!!!
  12. SRSiegel

SRSiegel Guest

Sep 17, 2001
    Ann Arbor, Michigan
    you should seriously look into getting a used ibanez ATK. they can be had off ebay anywhere from 250-500 bucks, depending on where it was made, condition, and number of strings. great slap bass... very similar in appearance, tone, playability to a stingray. built like a tank. just check the neck if you get a USA model...