good beginner amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Sonorous, Nov 25, 2003.

1. Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    ive played for about 5 months and ive been using my friends bass amp and my ibanez sx505, im pretty good for my time playing... but thats another forum

ok, so i was thinking i should get a fender rumble-100 or an ampeg BA-115

i don't want to go over 350 (both of those amps do but i've found some on sale/used that fit my budget)

im not quite sure what i want to use it for, i listen to incubus, rhcp, primus, jimi hendrix, led zeppelin, the allman brothers band,rancid, yes, ben folds five, jeff beck, pink floyd, aloha, bright eyes, audioslave, death cab for cutie, ted leo and the pharmacists, cursive, mates of state, smashing pumpkins, the flecktones, radiohead, spoon, desaparecidos, sublime, stevie ray vauhgn, staind, mighty mighty bostones, rush, rem, dinosaur jr., jaco, and the doors... to name a few

so hopefully ill get some input on which amp would
    work best for me despite my vague description of myself, feel free to suggest a different amp model
  2. buldog5151bass

buldog5151bass Kibble, milkbones, and P Basses. And redheads.

Oct 22, 2003
    I think for the money, you can't go wrong with Peavey. The sound may not be as good as pro stuff, but it is reliable, sturdy, and there is plenty of it around.

I don't think you will be disappointed. And odds are, you can find plenty used (I'm not the only one out there who started out on them, and then sold when I moved up from the beginner ranks).
  3. McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    I love my BA115, & give it a strong endorsement!