1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Good Brass nut that fits an Ibanez SR 1400? (adjustable if possible)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by JoeCow, Nov 27, 2017.

1. JoeCow

JoeCow

Jul 12, 2017
    Hey I was wondering if any of you all out there know of a decent brass nut or preferably adjustable brass nut that will fit an Ibanez SR 1400. The factory one has already worn out a bit on the low E and Id like something stronger that will last longer and preferably something that will require the least amount of install work.. I hate filing for depth, I mean Ive done it but Its one of the chores I dont care for. which is why I was hoping for one with adjustable height.. But Im having trouble finding one that will fit. I figured I could change string gauges whenever I feel like it with less hassle as well.

2. cdef

cdef

Jul 18, 2003
    There aren't too many brass/adjustable ones to choose among. Maybe the Warwick Just-A-Nut III (38,5 mm width)?

3. JoeCow

JoeCow

Jul 12, 2017
    Ill look into it, i thought I heard a lot of negative things about the warwick ones and they have an amazing markup on price, but it may be my only option.. maybe Ill just stick to non-adjustable if I cant find an alternative... Anyways thanks for the info.

4. JoeCow

JoeCow

Jul 12, 2017
    Forgive me im a bit slow and have some learning issues, but In general im not having an easy time trying to find any nut close to my specs or im just looking in the wrong area?.. outside from all the made in china 3 dollar e-bay ones which Im scared to even wast time on considering the pics dont match up sometimes and some look more like a bridge saddle than a nut... like I can find all other kind of presloted sizes tho..often with a width thats too thin.. or a height thats 3 mm too small.

Its like I can find every other size and practically no place uses the same sizing formulas, or calling a particular measurement by the same name as other places, I mean I can convert the inches and quarter inches into MM fine enough but whats annoying me is like what one place calls Length is what another is calling width and one places width is another thickness.. So far ive seen every possible combination and some places not even telling what they are using to measure it by... (in mm, inch, fractions, ect) just shooting out a random number... Is a bit annoying doing all this juggling in my head since im slow... Why do some places say its 38 mm Long, or length and other way its 38 mm width... uhg..

I mean no one has a 38mm wide nut lol. (and I mean going the way the strings go towards the headstock...) so I can only assume they mean width to refer to left to right length..

like when I look up the part number for the factory nut its given its measurements as W38 T6 H9.25, R305. Im guessing the W is what other places are calling length and the T is thickness (what other places are calling length) and H is well height. R is my radius I know.. From that Im trying to find a brass or other durable metal nut that will fit nicely... welp back to the searching.. If anyone owns an sr and has tried a brass or other metal nut that fit nicely and didnt need much work, let me know please.. it would save me from this headache getting worse.