Good Buy?(first Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by k-dawg, May 23, 2001.

1. My friend is trying to sell his squier p-bass. it is three years old and in good condition. he said if i wanted it to name my price. What would be a fair price to pay
  2. I guess it depends what country you're in. Brand new here in the UK a squier P-Bass is £130. That's around $180 I three years old....I guess I'll let you decide seeing as things might work differently there.

Also, they're cheaper brand new in the US. go to and have a look through their review section because often people have given a price even when they've bought a bass second hand.
  3. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    There are a few models of Squire P basses such as Bullet, Affinity, Standard. I'd offer $100 or less, see what he says. Good luck!!!!
  4. Edgar

Nov 4, 2000
    Montreal, QC, CA
    Even if he is your friend, start your offer low.
  5. I second what edgar said. I reckon I'd offer about $90. He'll probably want a bit higher than that, but if you start too high you'll be losing out.
  6. nirvanarules28

Mar 7, 2001
    I would offer around $130. I bought my Squier P bass for $175, and it was only like one year old.
  7. td1368

Jan 9, 2001
    Well the Samash near me is selling a new squire P-bass goes for about $160 but I've seen them for as much as $200. Considering it's three years old what type of condition is it in? Any mods or upgrades? I'd say in mint condition about $100-120 might sound about right. But if it was beat up I'd go lower. For what it's worth I was at Guitar Center yesterday and heard a guy slappin on a squire 5 string P-bass and it sounded awesome. Goes to show technique can be more important than equipment.
  8. Thanx for all your help. We decided on 100 bucks for the guitar, which as it turns out isn't a squier, and a 25 watt amp.
  9. td1368

Jan 9, 2001
    Excellent starter package. Do you know who made it? Not that it's really important. Just, I saw a Samick P-bass copy that was cheap and it was actually a pretty nice bass for the scratch.
  10. it's a lotus. I've heard this is good for beginners, but i will probably upgrade it after i get better. Once again i would like to thank everyone who posted a reply to my question.