Good buy? (UK members)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bassbloke, Jul 21, 2002.

1. bassbloke

Feb 26, 2002
    I have a chance to buy a mint/almost new Fender US Jazz for £700. I don't need another bass - in fact I've just bought a Lakland and am left with a Wal I'd like to sell - but I'm tempted to buy this because it looks like the kind of bargain that only comes up once in a while. Ant thoughts?
  2. bassbloke

Feb 26, 2002
    That should be any thoughts!
  3. bassbloke

Feb 26, 2002
    Sorry guys no idea how this got posted to DB forum. I'd just posted to BG and thought I was still in there.
  4. Did you say Wal bass for sale?:D
  5. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

As a UK member, I would say - why buy a bass that you don't need? Why not spend that £700 on sonething you really need or have holiday or lessons. I spent about £500 on Jazz Summerschool recently and it was certainly worth more to me than a "spare" bass would have been.

Unless you are setting out to be a dealer or a collector, I would say buy what you need! I mean I could spend my time playing/getting to be a better musician or chasing "great deals" - I know what I'd rather be doing! ;)

Think : is the aim - playing/making music or owning "stuff"?
  6. wulf

Apr 11, 2002
    Oxford, UK
    What does the Fender have that the Lakland... er, lacks?;)

I'm with Bruce on this one - if you don't need it, your best bet is to move on with no regrets. If you keep your eyes open, it's amazing how often 'once in a lifetime' deals come up...

7. CS

Dec 11, 1999

I dont think that its that much of a bargain. I know where there are 3 NOS ash MIA Precisions for £550 (nat/rosewood and white blonde in r/w and m/n). Why havent I bought one? I'm pretty sure that its just lust instead of true love.