1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Good buy?????????????

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by maggot_me, Sep 30, 2009.

1. maggot_me

maggot_me

Mar 20, 2009
    maggot me
    Ibanez SDGR 300 DX think it's like almost a decade old hahaha 200 bucks whatcha think? Pay too much? Too little? Good deal? Everything is stock so what do I need to do to it to make it better?

THANKSSSSS
    :bassist::bassist::bassist::bassist:

2. You buying or selling? If you're selling you can't advertise here without being a supporting member. If you're buying, I'd hold out for something else for that price.

3. Cyber Soda

Cyber Soda

Sep 24, 2008
    I think I've seen this go a bit cheaper but it seems like it's good.

4. Cyber Soda

Cyber Soda

Sep 24, 2008
    I think he just bought it.

5. maggot_me

maggot_me

Mar 20, 2009
    maggot me
    NOOOO XD
    I already bought it, anyway think I should do somethin to it just to Pimp it up a little?

6. maggot_me

maggot_me

Mar 20, 2009
    maggot me
    Should I do something to it?

7. Cyber Soda

Cyber Soda

Sep 24, 2008
    Well did you buy it already like I thought you did? If so, do you think you should? It's all personal preference. Even cosmetics changes are your decision. I hate responses like this, but it's only the truth. Tone? Does it fit you? Don't like the hardware? Etc. etc..

8. Pimp it up? Spray paint it pink and add fuzzy dice? :D

9. maggot_me

maggot_me

Mar 20, 2009
    maggot me
    Uh truth is I'm kind of new to bass don't know what to look for but I KNOW THIS MUCH:
    stock isn't good....

10. maggot_me

maggot_me

Mar 20, 2009
    maggot me
    I might just do that HA! jk im talkin for tone and stuff...hahaha fuzzy dice....XP

11. Cyber Soda

Cyber Soda

Sep 24, 2008
    Do you mean stock in general? Stock can be good. If you mean the stock stuff on that specific bass, then change all you like. I am a huge fan of EMG pickups & preamps as far as that goes. You could get it refinished. I think you just said tone, so look around. Have you played around with the tone a bit yet?

12. Cyber Soda

Cyber Soda

Sep 24, 2008
    oooh yeeah. Hang a tree air freshener off of the side. Get a Playstation in the body somehow.

13. maggot_me

maggot_me

Mar 20, 2009
    maggot me
    What's a preamp? and I'll look up EMG haha.

14. Cyber Soda

Cyber Soda

Sep 24, 2008
    Well I suppose I could give you the direct answer, but if ya look around on here, you'll find better descriptions and different ideas. I would probably say it's like equalizer to your bass... but of course someone will slap me for that.

http://www.emginc.com/products/category/2/2

There's EMG, but I wouldn't suggest buying without listening to them first. Of course what's good to me might not be good to you.

15. maggot_me

maggot_me

Mar 20, 2009
    maggot me
    Whats it look like?(preamp)

16. If your new to bass,I wouldn't bother doing any upgrades until you can actually play it.

Even then you should wait a few months with it, while trying out other people's instruments so you can figure out what playing style you have, what kind of sound you want and what is comfortable to you.

Once you do that you'll know what you wan't out of your instrument and you'll save cash in the long run.

But I would suggest having a basic setup done to it, just to make sure everythings ok with it and to get it ready for your learning experience.

17. Cyber Soda

Cyber Soda

Sep 24, 2008
  18. maggot_me

maggot_me

Mar 20, 2009
    maggot me
    I have a year experiance so I know how to play but I never got into the pickups or strings or anything.
    If something happens to that stuff I'm screwed cause I don't know anything about that stuff.

19. Cyber Soda

Cyber Soda

Sep 24, 2008
    Yeah, what he said :D