Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Good Cab and Head for Hard Progressive Rock?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by MadPink, Feb 22, 2002.

1. I need something new, and Im not to sure on what to get. I have a Yorkville BS100watt at the moment and its not nearly loud enough. I need something with good mids and lows. Im not sure on venue size at the moment, but Im looking in the 400watt range. The music style is very hard to describe, but we have a very aggressive edge with many soft breakdowns. Very Crimson and pink floyd like, but harder. Any advice is good advice. thanks,.

Also, Im not sure if this matters at all, but I will also be using a lot of effects....just thought id add that in,.

2. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    It depends on the tone you're goign for.

Carvin's would work, just the same a Peavey would, or a lower end Ampeg, like an Ampeg B2r. :)

3. thanks for the suggestions...

do you know how much the B-2R goes for?

4. mchildree

mchildree Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2000
    AL/GA
    Don't screw around: SVT

5. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Eden XLT.

Has deep sound, hard, big, fat, and has a nice spike in the low-mids that makes them cut through like a knife, while still being heavy as all hell.

6. I second the XLT and also put in a vote for the GS410.

7. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    I think you should look at his gear section, and consider what his likely price range is before you spit amps out that cost so much. :rolleyes:

8. Steven Green

Steven Green

Jul 25, 2001
    Pacific NW
    I recommend a Nemesis 4x10 cabinet and the B2R