Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Good cab setup w/ GK1001RB-II?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by dalley, Dec 14, 2005.

1. dalley

dalley

Jul 6, 2005
    Phoenix
    I am in a cover band that plays everything from Hard Rock to Dance/Funk to Country in midsize bars/clubs ... I just picked up a GK1001RB and was wondering what cab/cab combo might work well with this. I have an SWR WP 4x10 but would like to explore other options....

Looking for the punch of 10's, weight and size is a moderate issue and my budget would be anywhere from $500-$900 ...

obviously I would like to take advantage of most of the amps power and still have room to possibly expand later on down the road....
    I do own a mid sized car so anything larger than a 4X10 would not work..........thanks for your thoughts

2. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Bergantino NV610. I have a Chrysler Concorde and it fits in the back seat with plenty of room to spare.

3. dalley

dalley

Jul 6, 2005
    Phoenix
    Interesting ... all this time I've heard about them on TB but just went to the Bergantino website for the first time. The 610 weighs the same as the SWR 410 I have right now.

I live in Phoenix and the site says there is a dealer in Tucson, which is about a 2 hr. drive from me ... any idea how much the 610 goes for?

4. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    I run a pair of Bag End 2x10's with mine. They are 4 ohm cab's that I put in seriers with a little box. So I run them in 8 and can add another 8 If i need it. ...haven't yet. Mine ran in the $350 range for each, used so a bit more than you were thinking but small and really nice. The BE's are voiced fairly warm so they make a really nice match with the GK IMO.

I would love to hear, but can't lug around, the Bergie 610... My Outback just isn't going to carrry a cab that size along with all the other stuff.

5. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    Hmmm, I wonder if it would fit in the back of my RX7 w/ the back seats folded down... *thinks evil thoughts*

6. dalley

dalley

Jul 6, 2005
    Phoenix
    some good suggestions ... I have been looking at the Shroeder 21012 as well ....