Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Good Cheap 6 string?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Jaswine85, Feb 18, 2003.

1. Im in the market for a decent low priced Sixer. I was gonna go for the Brice...but theyve sold out. Does anyone know of any good 6 strings in the 300 dollar price range? Thanks

2. Dean Edge maybe?
    I'm not sure if it surpases the 300 but I guess they don't..

3. Oh.. and those Carlo RObelli basses shown in the MusiciansFriend.com magazine ads..

4. I found a NOS Peavey Axcelerator 6 on ebay for $275. Amazing for the $$$, USA made, nice 2 band active electronics. I saw a Fury 6 over there recently for around $300.

5. wonderboy

wonderboy

Oct 27, 2002
    i have a GORGEOUS raven bass and a samick (both 6's) that i am in the market for selling... email me if interested... ilovebio@hotmail.com

6. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    I got a brand new Ibanez SR406 at an amazing Guitar Center sale for $299. A friend of mine just bought one on eBay for $249.

I've seen Cort Artisians go for pretty low prices and they look pretty nice.

7. Ens

Ens

Feb 11, 2001
    Finland
    You could find an Ibanez SR506 just under $300 if you're lucky. My SR506 with EMG's installed was a bit over that. It's a good six-string for the money.

8. frosty

frosty

Feb 18, 2003
    Southern USA
    My vote's for the Ibanez SR406. You might could
    find one used in that $ range. Alot of bang for the
    buck.

9. leanne

leanne

May 29, 2002
    Rochester, NY
    What does NOS mean?

10. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    New Old Stock. Meaning, its "new" but the dealer has had it laying around for awhile. Kinda like finding a "new" 2001 car at your dealer, even though its 2003 now.

11. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    For the price, Hohner makes an excellent 6 string... B-Bass VI

I had one for years and really enjoyed it...

12. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Dean Edge 6 would be a good choice. I have a fretless 5 and I love it. I think I may get myself a 6 string in the late summer in the same price range. I'll look at Brice first. They'll be back in stock in a couple months according to Kurt on the Essex megathread, in more colors, and problably with better electronics.

13. thanks for all the help guys! :bassist:

14. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    So they are going to stock them in different colors? I really want a fretless 6, and want to try the brice, but I don't like the red or blue, but love the black and amber...

15. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    I don't know about the fretless models, but Kurt mentioned in the Essex megathread that the fretted 6 string Brice models will be coming in again in a few months with other colors. I personally think the Amber looks beautiful, but I like the blue, too.