Good Cheap Bass to Disassemble for Build?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Raddude, Sep 10, 2018.

1. Raddude

Raddude

Sep 2, 2018
    Hello!

I am currently in the process of planning a bass build and have been looking at various cheap basses to take all of the hardware and electronic from to build my bass. Here are a few I am looking at:

Cort Action IV (https://www.guitarcenter.com/Used/Cort/ACTION-IV-Electric-Bass-Guitar.gc)

Squier Vintage Jaguar (Squier Vintage Jaguar Bass Sunburst | Damm Music)

Ibanez GSR200 (Ibanez GSR200 4-String Active Electric Bass 2004 Black #I040801540 w/Beginner Books)

I am trying to get the best electronics I can at this price point and I really like the sound(s) of the Cort but I don't want it to crap out in a few months, do you think the electronics in any of these will be passable? If not, what used basses (<$150, don't have a ton of money to throw at this project) would you recommend?

Thank you!

2. jackn1202

jackn1202

Feb 14, 2018
    Austin, TX
    The Jag will sound great and I suspect will have the better electronics of any of those, but they should all be perfectly fine for a beginner build. The Jag is also a great bass... the GAS for a Jag is strong

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 17, 2021