Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Good Cheap, light bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Personator, May 21, 2002.

1. Personator

Personator Guest

Mar 18, 2002
    Flemington NJ
    After my last practice, I've come to realize that I'm too much of a wuss to lug a 5-string fender jazz on my shoulder for more than half an hour. I need suggestions on something lighter to buy for gigs. It doesn't have to sound great, I just need it to be light and reliable. Thanks.

2. Check out the Yamaha BB series. Good sound, won't break the wallet and they're reasonably light.

Mike J.

3. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    For $500, MTD Kingston. For under that, I'll second Yamaha BBs.

4. Get a Rogue....I think it's made out of paper. You can get a new one for less than a hundred, cover it with stickers, and when you get tired of it, smash it to bits. My friend got one for this and he still hasn't gotten it to break, there's dents all over it, but seriously they're like plywood, so they're light, crappy, and cheap. So get one today!

5. Danelectro.

Very light, low priced, and I have been happy with EVERY product they make *except the really small effect boxes*

6. Personator

Personator Guest

Mar 18, 2002
    Flemington NJ
    I've actually considered this, The smahsing would add to our stage presence :)

I'm not sure if the local store carries Dano or yamaha, so I might have to wait til I can get to guitar Center.