1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Good, cheap superfuzz clone?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by The Lurker, Jun 13, 2012.

1. The Lurker

The Lurker

Aug 16, 2002
    Ankh-Morpork
    I just discovered today that Guyatone discontinued their TZ-2 fuzz, a Univox Superfuzz clone. I love this sound.

I was looking to buy a spare, because, well, the thing is a little fragile. This is my third one-- the other two have died because of size 14 boots cracking the knob stems, which are a whopping inch away from the switch. Repairing them would cost more than a new pedal (used to be $40 each).

So... what's another good, hopefully more physically robust Superfuzz clone in the sub-$100 range?

2. Rehouse it in a sublime enclosure!!!!

3. Laurent

Laurent

May 21, 2008
    Napa, California
    It's not cheap but this pedal should last you a lifetime.
    Wattson Electronics (Oakland, CA) makes a reissue of the FY-2 and FY-6.
    They are extremely high quality pedals.
    The enclosure itself is a work of art. Overbuilt and well designed.

4. The Lurker

The Lurker

Aug 16, 2002
    Ankh-Morpork
    After some research I think the Wounded Paw is probably going to turn out the winner.... I'll keep you posted. Thanks for the input.:hyper:

5. vegas532

vegas532

Nov 10, 2006
    Pensacola, FL.
    The Malekko Omicron is also a Superfuzz clone.

6. The Lurker

The Lurker

Aug 16, 2002
    Ankh-Morpork
    Well, the Wounded Paw has been a disappointment so far. The low end completely disappears, which never happened with the Guyatone. I tried everything I could think of with the knobs.....and it acts like a RAT.... am I missing something?