Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Good, cheap vocal mike

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Davidoc, Dec 30, 2002.

1. My band needs a vocal mike (price range maybe 50-$100). It will be mostly used for recordings.

Would would you guys recomend? Thanks!

2. godoze

godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    i recommend an SM58 Shure, but i use one i got at GC for $29. It's there base model, i do not even remeber the name but it is a brand you would probably recognize.

3. Bob Lee (QSC)

Bob Lee (QSC) In case you missed it, I work for QSC Audio! Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa, Calif.
    Technical Communications Developer, QSC Audio
    You can probably find an Audix OM-2 for maybe $99 or less.

4. Thanks for the recomendations

I went to the store with my band, and was going to buy an SM-58, but the guy recommended a seinhouser that was the same price. I didn't know what to do, and asked him many questions about it, and eventually bought it. Did I make a mistake by not researching this mic beforehand? Will we regret it? Thanks!

5. Heavy_E

Heavy_E

Jul 2, 2002
    Alabama
    I bought 4 EV Cobalt 7 mics for 49.00 per mic. They sound just as good as the SM57.

6. Bob Lee (QSC)

Bob Lee (QSC) In case you missed it, I work for QSC Audio! Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa, Calif.
    Technical Communications Developer, QSC Audio
    I hope you mean Sennheiser (pronounced ZENN - high - zer). Great brand.

7. Yup, that's the one.