1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Good choice or...?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by AzzaKnoldy, May 29, 2011.

1. AzzaKnoldy

AzzaKnoldy

May 29, 2011
    Hey guys,
    I've just recently decided to have a go at the bass, seeing as 2 and a half years of guitar just hasn't really done it for me. And I've ordered my first bass, which is a Ibanez GSR180. This has recieved good reviews, but it has come to my attention that this bass has J-Style pickups, which I believe come from the Fender Jazz bass, design wise. I also have ordered a Line 6 LowDown LD15 as my first bass amp.

Were these good choices? What do you know about these products?

Regards,
    AzzaKnoldy:bassist:

2. Ibanez gear is always a lot of quality for what you pay - somehow Ibby gets a lot of good work and artistry out of their builders.

I love both of my Ibbies and they are good singers and hold more than their own in the mix.

Personally I don't care about your amp choice - but you may like it.

The Jazz p'ups are a standard of the industry - you should prolly like them well enough.

3. AzzaKnoldy

AzzaKnoldy

May 29, 2011
    Thanks alot for the reply! :)
    They should be here in a couple of days, so I'll have to see, huh?

Thanks again!

4. darkstorm

darkstorm

Oct 13, 2009
    Id of saved up a good deal more so could afford something like the sr300. But for low low price bass the one you picked is prob better then most in that price range.