1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Good color combos

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by stewart8980, Aug 30, 2008.

1. stewart8980

stewart8980

Apr 11, 2008
    Rhode Island
    Seeing as I had a neck mishap with my previous bass, I'm ordering a new Mexi-jazz bass (Arctic White) and I know for a fact I want to get a non-white pickguard (not a vintage guy). I'm thinking about black, but I'm open to any other suggestions.

it's essentially a lefty version of this:

[​IMG]

2. If you're not a vintage guy, then tort would probably be out of the question.

I think white or black pearloid would be cool.

3. stewart8980

stewart8980

Apr 11, 2008
    Rhode Island
    I like tort, just not on white. As for the pearloid I have a black pickguard on my "broken bass"

[​IMG]

is that what you were talking about?

4. Well if your set on getting the white, then this doesn't matter to you, but some good colour combo's are Black w/ red tortise shell
    OR
    Black w/ black pickguard

My axe..

Attached Files:

5. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Memphis, TN
    Personally, I agree with you (OP). I think a 3 or 4 ply black p/g looks awesome on Arctic White. A friend of mine had one like that and it looked great. His had a rosewood board, but the black p/g looks good with rosewood or maple.

6. stewart8980

stewart8980

Apr 11, 2008
    Rhode Island
    Also, I was looking here: http://www.wdmusic.com/fender_jazz_bass_reg_pickguards_26670_prd1.htm to get the pickguard, but on the tracing shown, it as 4 extra screw holes (thumb rest, pickup cover, and one idk for) + the 10 perimeter ones. Has anyone dealt with WD music before and if so do they know if I could get a p/g with just the 10 holes? OR am I better off just ordering from Warmoth?

7. Olympic White w/Rosewood Fretboard
    [​IMG]