Good combo amp for practice and songwriting sessions?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ajb, Feb 8, 2006.

1. ajb

Mar 20, 2005
    I'm looking for a nice combo amp for practicing and for the occasional songwriting session with my band's singer/guitarist and keyboardist (we do not presently have a drummer, so this is what we've been reduced to).

I'm looking for somewhere in the neighborhood of 50-100 watts and a warm vintage sound. Any ideas? I think the ampeg BA 112 would suit me, but none of the GC's near me have any in stock and it could take a month to deliver on special order (which I still can't really believe; doesn't ampeg have one of these lying around that they can send over in a week's time?). I also thought of the ampeg B-100R, but this might be more than I need and it's size might defeat the portability purpose. It's also expensive (listed at over $500 at GC).

It can't be this hard to find what I'm looking for. Any brand will do if it's good quality and has the vintage sound I'm after. Thanks for your suggestions.
  2. ajb

Mar 20, 2005
    whoops! wrong forum -- how do i move it over to amps?
  3. princeadr

Apr 29, 2005
    Check out the Peavey Minx 110. I believe it is 30 watts. A loud 30 watts
  4. balzac

Aug 25, 2005
    Cairns, Queensland
    how 'bout the Vox T60? 60 watts, vintage look, vintage sound, decent size and weight, decent price (around $300 new, I think)