Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Good Combo?

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by Flat Bass, Nov 21, 2003.

1. Flat Bass

Flat Bass

Dec 8, 2002
    Looking for a good really small combo. I am thinking about the SWR workingmans 1-10 or baby blue series. Or just getting a small cab like 1-10 SWR or Epifani or Acme 1-10 and use my Eden WT-400 with it? I have a Knilling 3/4 with a Bass Max pickup and a K&K pocket preamp.

2. Hello Flat Bass,
    At the top of each Forum you will find a Newbie link. There you will find MUCH information you may seek. Check it out...

Dave

3. I've got an old Baby Blue, with 2x8 speakers. It's very good for louder gigs and you can cut the very bottom,40hz, with the semi parametric, if the room is too boomy. It's quite heavy though,and for gigs that don't need much volume I use a GK MB150S.
    The Workingman series, seems to put a bit of compression or something on, not quite as natural sounding as the Baby Blue. I use a Workingmans 300 for bass guitar on loud gigs, but have not used it for double bass yet.
    But check out Acoustic Image, as i have tried them and they seem lighter than the Baby Blue ,and louder than the GK.