Good companies to get a flight case for my Sunn?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by johnbegone, Aug 19, 2005.

1. johnbegone

johnbegone Supporting Member

Sep 16, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Hey guys, I'm looking to order a custom built flight case to house my Sunn 300T. I posted a thread about this in the Miscellaneous forum, but only got two responses, so I thought I'd throw it on here and see what happens. Quotes have been astronomically expensive so far, so I'm looking for something a little cheaper (anything less than 300 is considered cheaper), but mostly I'm just looking for companies that fellow TBers have gone through for their stuff and had good experiences, good turn around time, etc. So let me know some companies for flight cases that either you have dealt with, or you have known people who have dealt with. Thanks!

Oh, a picture for good measure ;)

2. johnbegone

Sep 16, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Alright thanks, I've e-mailed them now.

Here are the people I've gotten quotes from so far: (people who made my 8x10 case)

Bring it on, I need more companies!
  3. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    I had a case made by Anvil for my V8. I forget what the total was with the removable casters, but as I recall, the price without casters was under $300. It is a really great case, IMHO. Here are some photos:

4. protoz

Nov 30, 2000
    Yea, I'd be interested in a flight case for my Sorado so I am not so worried about transporting it.
  5. endlessbassic

Dec 23, 2004
  6. johnbegone

Sep 16, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Thanks guys. I just e-mailed Anvil and Ryan. Keep em coming. That V8 looks great in that case. Unfortunately I have to do either a lift off style case, or a front and rear panel type of case (kind of like a rack), or else I'd never get the Sunn out of the case (only has side handles).
  7. Ian Perge

Ian Perge Supporting Member

May 11, 2001
    Evansville, Indiana
    My back hurts just looking at these photos. :bawl: You tube guys and gals, more power to you. Quite literally... :smug: