good computer speaker

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Yvon, Jun 13, 2003.

1. Yvon

Yvon Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada
    I am looking for good quality computer speaker. That sound really good for music and could handle my bass also.
    I plug my bass in a little console and go in my computer.

Price is not THAT important. I know that i will pay at least 100$ for something that sound pretty good.
  2. Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    How about a real hifi amp and hifi speakers/headphones?
  3. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    unless he already has a reciever or some for of amplfied I/o box, getting passive hifi speakers won't do him much.

computer speakers, are active, and way cheaper than any Active hi-fis I've ever seen.

Might I recommend Altec Lansing, they generally make pretty good speakers for the price. you can get a perfectl fine 2.1 setup for like 50 bucks.

The biggest problem with the really cheap computer speaker set-ups 2.1 et al, is that they usually sacrifice good quality and range, so while you will get loud and boomy sound(from the meager subwoofeR) it won't be very clear.

I have a pair of Celestion bookshelf speakers that I got for 100 dollars, they are terrific, while not very powerful, they produce such a clear and rich sound. I am constantly floored by them.

of course, that's $100 plus the $150 I spent on a reciever($300 reciever too :p )

so I ended up spending $250, but I have a really nice, expandable, and great sounding set-up.

If you already have a reciever, then Go for some nice bookshelf speakers.

If Price is not very important, then I would suggest getting some Active studio monitors. you should be able to plug those into your I/O box that you plug your bass through, and if not, then your sound card should take them(assuming you have a capable sound card...if not there are always adapters)

You will get terrifc sound, and your bass won't mind a bit being put through them. make a nice pair of relatively cheap Monitors.
  4. Albini_Fan

Albini_Fan Banned

Jan 26, 2003
    Beneath Below
    I just got a little cord that sends the computer sound into my stereo. And the circle of music theft is complete.