Good day!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by parrott, Jun 5, 2003.

1. (So far.... it's only four pm.)

I finished first year of college today! I've handed in all the work, done all the practical assessments, and as far as I'm aware, I've passed everything!

That means I get into second year... a second year music student.... ooh, I'm a big boy now! :D

Then I went uptown to buy a couple of books, wandered into my favorite second-hand record store, and walked out with a 12" of Joy Division's Transmission single. :cool: Wandered down the road, and there was an off-lisence selling one of my favorite beers (that's really hard to find in Edinburgh) on a special offer! £1 a bottle! So I bought some, and no I'm not gonna drink it all tonight. :)

Sometimes, days just rock.
  2. Sounds like a pretty good day!

And what beter way to celebrate passing 1st Year than with some new tunes and your favourite beer.....hmmmm......beeeeeeeerrr!;)

Oh, and congrats on passing!
  3. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    wait a're 19 correct? what is the drinking age over there?

not that it matters...but still....just curious
  4. I'm 18, 19 in August..... drinking is legal from 18.

5. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    ahh i see...i wanna move to over there
  6. And on that note..... I'm gonna get a drink.

7. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Congrats, man!
    Well done!

Just came back from Iceland, get this.
    There you have to be 18 to drink in a bar, but 20 to buy liquor in the bar. So take an older friend.
    Go figure!
  8. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

The "good days" are seeing my wife and kids every morning. The "Great Days" are seeing my wife and kids in the morning and playing my new MIA Fender P-Bass with the band at night...& getting paid for the gigs.
  9. ARA punk

ARA punk

Jul 11, 2001
    USA, Shelby, NC
    Man i love those days. But it seems like everytime you have one of those really good days where everything good happens you get two more days quite the opposite. lol, not to bum ya out. I'm just a pessimist sometimes. Glad you passed though! hooray!

Speaking of drinking ages... any one know what the drinking age is in Ireland? I'm guessing its probablly 18 as well?
  10. Aye, those were to two days previous to yesterday..... the first, I failed the Scales, Arpegios and Intervals section of my vocals exam...... then for those two days that was all that stood between me and getting into second year. :(

Talk about being nervous as I walked into the room on Thursday...... oh my.

So I guess it happened in reverse. :)
  11. Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    pah. i was drinking lambrini since i was 3