Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Good deal at MF on El Capitan

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Gabu, Apr 3, 2003.

1. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
  2. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Cool! Thanks, I've been meaning to pick one of these up for my sit-down, acoustic duos. Great price. Easily the best bargain around in an ABG fiver.

3. Yeah, and it's a five string and black too. Pretty cool price and not a bad ABG at all. $90 for the case though.

4. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Yeah, I'm passing on the case. BTW, Pete Hanewinckel recommended that bass to me when we were talking about ABG's recently. And Pete's a pretty fair judge of basses! :D

5. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Damn, you really didn't need to tell me about that. I'm jonesin' for a 5 string fretless ABG really bad.

6. Haha, no kidding. I've had two of the Taylor ABG's, an El Cap, and a Sigma and aside from the aesthetics, they were all pretty similar in tone and volume. How are you gonna cart this one around? The Taylors had this nice backpack-style gig bag that was great for short distances.

7. Gabu, how come my name is coming up on these links?

Mike :confused:

8. My name comes up when I click the links. I think it's just a cookie.

9. Oh, I see. I thought that because I posted links to MF in the past that it was grabbing my name.

Gabu, I didn't mean it in a nasty way. I just thought something was wrong. :)

Thanks, Funky.

I was getting nervous.

Mike

10. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Good question. Might try to grab a gig bag or see if I've got anything on hand that might work. Otherwise, it may have to ride shotgun with me in the cab!

11. I just tried to order a fretless and a fretted with cases.

Musicians Enemy wanted $420 to ship them via Priority Mail. Even confirmed that on the chatline.

Phooey.

There's always a hitch for me with those folks, some unforseen ripoff.

Aloha,

Jonathan Starr

12. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    "Patrick Kelly" comes up for me when I click a MF link.

13. Oh boy, the plot thickens. :eek:

Mike

14. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    No hitch with my order. $399.99 with no tax or shipping.

15. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO

wow.... that's pretty cool.... that's what happens when I click on an MF link....

:D

P@

16. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO

tell me about it... Mike N, are you like sneaking in and using my computer when I am at work? :p

I have played around with the El Capitans a few times... I really like 'em, and have thought about snagging one from time to time. The only acoustic I like better is a Tacoma I played on last week!

P@

17. Dang. Maybe they're trying to get the islanders to cover the shipping costs for everyone. I agree--that is insane.

18. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    Ive been leaving your computer alone.
    But, your Basses are another story............:eek: :D

19. Showdown

Showdown Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Yep, I live in Hawaii too, and have the same problem. Don't even think of having them ship something heavy like a speaker cabinet out here. A few years ago I wanted to buy a Hartke 410 cabinet, and they wanted something like $250 shipping for regular UPS (not 2nd day air).

The price on that El Capitan is really good. I bought one from them 4 years ago and paid $700 for it.