Good Deal? Good Bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Quadzilla, Apr 29, 2002.

1. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Just bought this baby for $405 brand new -->Click Me It retails for $899 and the case that comes with it retails for $149. Hope she plays well....
  2. Looks great for the money. Hope she plays well for you.

Only thing is they advertise a "Set" neck, but it really is a bolt-on. No big deal for the money.

Once again, good luck with her.
  3. I think it looks good. Kinda like their take on the Lakland thing.
  4. Looks kinda like a SDGR. Not saying that's a bad thing, I have one and I like it. Seems like a good buy, I hope it plays well for you.
  5. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    I can tell you, those basses are very nice to play. Sweet toneage.
  6. Quadzilla

You have played one of these? Can you be a little more specific? Thanks again! :)
  7. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Well lets see what i can tell you... See that huge single coil at the neck? FAT AS HECK. meaty.... very meaty.... Then you got the humbucker at the bridge, ,its not like a MM Humbucker, It's diffrent, but its a HOT pickup, and it plays like a dream. i felt at home on it, even when switching basses very fast. I wish i would have seen it....
  8. Quadzilla

Thanks Polly!!!! :D :D
  9. barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    never seen one before, but this bass is really really nice! love the look, hope it's a player, let us know, post a review!
  10. Quadzilla

It will be in my hands tomorrow eve (I'll give it a short test run then) and I am taking it to band practice on Thursday, so I'll give it a go there and give you a review Thurs eve (if I don't have too many beers) or Friday a.m..
  11. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I've played a few of those basses & they're nice. You got a great deal!!!! <a href="">CLICK HERE</a> for more info fron the WashBurn site. These normally sell for $685-$735 & as stated in the auction, it's NEW & comes w/the Lifetime Warranty so that's a nice plus.
  12. Quadzilla

I just got home and wailed on the new Washburn for a bit. All B.S. aside, all I can say is WOW. :D ;) :p

First off, it is setup PERFECTLY from the factory. The action is nice and low the way I like it. THe intonation is spot on (they also include a little side manual saying that they set this up as well). The neck had not a SINGLE flat or dead spot.

THe build quality is awesome. The tuners put my American P's to shame (no sh!t) and the pots do as well. The pots are sooooo smooth and even have a "middle" so when you go halfway on turning the pot, you feel a slight click.

The neck feels more like a jazz than my P. Oh, back to the pots, there is a HUGE range of tones and adjustments when using the 4 pots. Amazing. I'm going to go play some more now and then take it to practice tomorrow night. My American P may be collecting a bit more dust in the future :).

Another thing, this new bass just showed me how badly I need a setup done to my P. The inotation is off a little, I still have a bit of fret buzz in the middle of the neck and the lower neck of the P, (not too bad though) etc. I searched the web and the is another place selling these (Wheaton Music I believe) in the mid to high 400's without a case (you can buy a nice TKL case at for $69 that will fit it). Go buy one of these if you are looking for a SWEET sub-$500 bass!!!!
  13. rojo412

rojo412 MARK IT ZERO! Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    In the Ebay description, it says it has a "Solid spruce top." I believe that would have to be on an acoustic. The body looks like it's not laminated either.

Just a funny thought. Those basses are pretty damn cool.
  14. Quadzilla

Dunno about the spruce thing but as far it being laminated, it's not. It's a Mahogany Satin Oil Finish...