Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Good deal on a Fender '57 RI?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by greendayjustin, May 8, 2004.

1. seanm

seanm I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize! Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    Your link is bad :( A new P bass '57 reissue can be had for $1220 at Musician's Friend. So you are saving almost $500. The wear on the body seems exteme but will not effect the sound.

2. Yeah, I was wondering if the body was in really bad shape or it was just the picture...Do you think $750 for the bass given the body isnt too good of condition is worth it?

3. Hey, thanks for the right link! Does the body look REALLY damaged to you considering the price? Im gonna keep my eyes on that thing!

4. The photo's aren't clear enough for me to decide how bad the finish is or isn't Justin.....sorry!

I think it's worth checking out though!

[​IMG]
    Treena

5. I also need to find out what year it was made in...What year do you think the best reissues were made?

6. Justin, email the seller and ask him for the serial #.......MIJ didn't start production until 1982 and most reissues come from Japan!

I'll be happy to help you in ny way I can.........I'm a die hard Fender freak!

[​IMG]
    Treena

7. Looks like were in the same boat...I am also a Fender freak. This reissue is MIA right? I hear the best MIA reissues were made in the early 80's, and they almost rivaled Custom Shop quality. I want to get my hands on one of those!

8. seanm

seanm I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize! Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada