Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Good deal on a Rebop?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MJ5150, Jul 5, 2004.

1. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I found a brand new Spector Rebop five stringer for $417 out the door.

Good deal? Bad deal? The price seems awfully low for a Czech Spector. Are these "bad" basses? I jammed on it, and thought it was great. Not a whole lot better than my Q5/Pro, but the idea of a brand new bass is kind of exciting!

Let me know what y'all think.

-Mike

2. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    With a MF price of 900ish, it sounds like a steal.

Check it out extensively though, it might not be you who is getting the steal

3. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Dude, jump on that now!! What a coup! Man, I wish there were deals to be had in my neck of the woods!

4. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Well, they have two in natural finish for $417 out the door with no bag/case.

I passed on the deal. They are nice basses, but not that much better than my Q5. Maybe I'll buy one tomorrow after I think about it.

-Mike

5. incognito89x

incognito89x ♪♫♪ ♪ ♪ ♫&#983

Sep 22, 2002
    Royal Oak, Michigan
    Sounds like a pretty sweet deal if you ask me.

If you've got the money to spend go for it. At the worst case, you could probably sell it on eBay for more than you paid for it :D

6. Timbo

Timbo

Jun 14, 2004
    My rebop 5 ( ash body )was 600, and I thought it was a steal..

7. cetera

cetera

Apr 29, 2004
    Surrey, England
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses & Cort Basses
    As Nike say..."Just do it!" :bassist:

You know you want to.... ;)

8. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    It's not "much" better? If it's better, and it costs THAT LITTLE, then I see no reason to NOT get it.

9. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I just got back from the music store, and I have my lovely new Spector Rebop five. $417 out the door. Brand new, natural finish.

The neck is straight, strings are in great shape. No scratches, or dents, and the setup is acceptable. I am taking it to a luthier today to have some adjustments to the setup, nothing major.

-Mike

10. danshee

danshee Banned

May 28, 2004
    Chicago, Illinois
    I bought mine from Spector for $700, I thought that was a good deal. If you don't take it for that, you're losing a great bass for practically nothing. Don't blow it!