Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Good Deal on a SWR Workingman’s 2x10C Bass Combo

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ClassicJazz, Mar 9, 2006.

1. ClassicJazz

ClassicJazz Bottom Feeders Unite!! Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Delray Beach, Florida
    Just got in my SWR Workingman’s 2x10C Bass Combo. Musiciansfriend has them for a great price, guess they are trying to clear them out since they are discontinued.

WOW! What a great little amp. Great punch and a tight low end. I was currently using a SWR Workingman 15 with a Workingman 15" extension cabinet. It was a good system, but it was lacking something (most likely power). But now, with the 2x10C and hooked up to the cabinet....and pushing 400 Watts....kick ass!!

I like the graphic EQ much better on 2x10C compared to the EQ controls on the workingman 15. I can really dial in the tone. Also the single rack space is great. I can now mount my Korg digital tuner right in the amp.

Two Thumbs Up!!:)

2. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    Great combo. I love mine.

3. I got one for the clearance price at GC (mine was $499 about 6 weeks ago, I think). I'm diggin' mine. I have an Ampeg B-100R I'm trying to hawk on consignment locally... I don't like the SWR's tone any more, they're just different in a good way. But I like the SWR's bigger headroom, XLR out & extension cab possibilities. All in all, I really like this combo. The only improvement this year's WorkingPro model has is the ground lift... I kinda wish the WM 2x10C had that. But still... it's a killer combo, especially for what they're asking for on close-out. It's like a amateur Redhead or something.