Good deal on a used warwick?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Suckbird, Dec 5, 2004.

1. Suckbird

Suckbird Banned

May 4, 2004
    I found this warwick proline 5 on swedish

It costs about 1000$, the only place in swedish music store that carry them is musikborsen and they cost 2600$(omg).
    He says it's 3 years old.

You think this would be a good deal? dont know how much they go for in the states but..
  2. A new Corvette Proline 5 costs about 18 000 SEK, so the seller's asking price seems reasonable. Make sure you play one first - you should be able to find a Corvette (Rockbass, Standard or Proline, doesn't really matter since they feel about the same) in almost any store, not only at Musikborsen - though, since Warwicks are an acquired taste. Good luck.
  3. Suckbird

Suckbird Banned

May 4, 2004
    I'm going to stockholm at christmas, so i might go to jam(, they have a corner with only warwicks.
    But i would like to try some spectors to compare but there's not many store carrying them. :crying:
  4. JayAmel

JayAmel Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Aurillac, France
    If this Corvette Proline 5 sounds and plays as well as it looks, then you hit a big deal, IMO. Very nice bass.

5. That's a brilliant idea! Jam has quite a good selection of basses, for a Swedish store. It's the only place I know of which has MTD:s in stock, for example.
    No Spectors, though.
  6. Suckbird

Suckbird Banned

May 4, 2004
    Hmm, but their website doesn't mention corvette proline, only standards and jazzmans, the worst thing is that this bass is about 2-3hours away from me.

How hard it is to decide what bass to buy, first i was going to buy a ibanez srx500 but got problem with thomann, after that a cort josh paul but got problem with thomann and now i'm looking for used basses..

I think i'm more lost than ever. :(
  7. If you try any of those you'll probably get quite a good idea of what Corvettes in general feel and play like, and that, to me, is more important than their respective sound. 'Cause if a bass sounds good, but doesn't fit your hands well enough, the joy of playing it will go away quickly.

Jam has a Cort Josh Paul listed as sold on their site, and should be able to order one for you if you're so inclined...
  8. bluemonk

Dec 17, 2002
    I don't know about the money, but if the about Warwicks, here what I'll add:
    There are many people on this forum who love Warwicks, and my bassist sales rep felt that he finally found his bass (after years of searching and owning basses) with a Thumb. I have a Corvette, and it is a top quality instrument. The sound is more "modern" sounding than a Fender, for example, but if you haven't owned a lot of basses, you probably don't have particular preferences in sound. The two most frequent complaints about Warwicks is that they are very heavy and that the necks are thick. If you have really small hands, this could make you unhappy. The fretboard is also very flat, which some people don't like; I love it. Unless you've played bass for long enough to develop a preference, this might be something you wouldn't even notice.
    The bass you're looking at is a top quality instrument. If the price works out, it's in good condition, and you want a 5, then I'd so go, for it!
  9. smakbass

smakbass Smakkin basses for 25 years..

Aug 6, 2002
    Vancouver Canada
    I just bought a 1990 Streamer 4 string (EMG PJ Set up) black trans finish for 600 Canadian...nice bass for the dough....