good deal on G&L L-2000

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by clanner, Sep 5, 2005.

1. clanner

clanner Token Black Guy.

Apr 27, 2005
    ummmmm, marietta GA
    I was going to practice and I found this absolutely beautiful bass at a store I know the manager of, they have a clear red maple fretboard american made G&L L-2000 used on sale for 699. is this a good deal or should I pass and get the bongo? I love the tone on this bass and I just need to sweet talk my care givers into getting this for my birthday the 28th. should I get this now or wait for 3+ months on a bongo? (would be discounted as well, sponsors can order it)

they would both be about the same price at $700.00 american otal. both play beautifully and have a wide variety of tones. I don't know how long this will be inthe store so time is an issue. (I hope to convince my parents by this weekend, not likely, I have 4 basses that I can get locally they I want, this one just feels so amazing it's not even funny)

p.s. what does each knob and switch do?

sorry for the long post. as you can tell my mind is mostly made up.
  2. clanner

clanner Token Black Guy.

Apr 27, 2005
    ummmmm, marietta GA
    thank you for the diagram, that helps a heck of alot.

you wouldn't happen to have one in englisj would you?
  3. mattsk42

mattsk42 $100 off new Directv subsp.PM me BEFORE signing up Supporting Member

That's an ok deal from what I've found online. Just hover over the numbers and you can probably figure out what they are. Bass boost, treble boost, passive, active, series, and parallel.
  4. clanner

clanner Token Black Guy.

Apr 27, 2005
    ummmmm, marietta GA
    forgot to mention the g7l has a free case w/ it
  5. caruso

Jun 13, 2005
    Bremen, Germany
    Go ahead. The G+L 2000 is the most versatile, greatest sounding production bass available. Too bad these instruments don't get the recognition they deserve, buildt quality is also great, prefer the playability to MM and the weight.
  6. clanner

clanner Token Black Guy.

Apr 27, 2005
    ummmmm, marietta GA
    ok, thnx. it's hard to find a shop aroud here with great customer service and the ability to sell g&l and musicman. my favorite store can't sell either, and my sponsor can't sell or order G&L.
  7. 43% burnt

43% burnt an actor who wants to run the whole show

May 4, 2004
    Bridgeport, CT
    I'd go for the G&L all the way. I have one and love it!! The price is pretty good, When I bought mine used it was tagged $800. I traded another bass and ended up getting it for around $400. Best bass value ever IMO. These are fantastic instruments that have it all. Tone galore, excellent build quality and play wonderfully. The switches are: 1. Pickup selector 2. Series/Parallel 3. Passive/Active/Active w/ treble boost

Bongo's sound and play great, but I still haven't warmed up to the radical design. I prefer the look of the L2000 any day.
  8. clanner

clanner Token Black Guy.

Apr 27, 2005
    ummmmm, marietta GA
    are the nobs volume for each pup and tone then?

thank you everyone. I'll post pics when I get this bass.
  9. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    Knobs are volume, terble and bass. ONce it's in your hands it will be easy to tell the diff...
  10. Scottie Johnson

Scottie Johnson

Sep 8, 2004
    Buy the bass! You will love it. I got accustomed the controls quickly, and I am still finding great tones more than a year later.
  11. darkside 88

darkside 88

Feb 23, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    I now crave a G & L.