good deal on lakland scheff 5

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by CaptainWally, Mar 20, 2005.

1. CaptainWally

CaptainWally Supporting Member

Oct 21, 2000
    Sandy Eggo, CA
    saw a usa lakland scheff 5 @ GC today for $999 in excellent shape. wow, seems like a good deal. el ceritto, CA - if you're interested, u should snap this one up.

red, white guard, rosewood.

i thought about buying it to resell @ a profit, but I decided that was lame (and a hassle).

2. wait, this is a USA? for only 999!?
    someone snatch this quick
  3. CaptainWally

CaptainWally Supporting Member

Oct 21, 2000
    Sandy Eggo, CA
    I know! And it's in 9+ condition! It is DEFINITELY U.S.

Just passing on the good word....
  4. smperry

smperry Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Martin Keith Guitars
    just got back from checking it out for half an hour. It's a great bass, that I would've bought had I not been trying to do the "responsible adult" thing. Sounds great. Pearloid guard, maple dots. Some wear on the lipstick pickups, but not much else. Mandolin-ish frets don't have much wear, but the bass seriously needs a new set of strings (and I should make sure my tetanus shot is up to date).

Sounds great. Scooped vintage tone, but some flexibility with the preamp. I liked this bass a great deal. Love that Lakland neck. Good action, excellent fretwork, and the neck pocket is tight. Someone here really should pick it up. Now. This bass is ridiculously underpriced.

By the way, in case anyone is wondering, the serial number is 8! The kid working there said, "Uh, I don't know the model, JS8 I think" because that's how it's stamped on the headstock. :cool: