1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Good deal, or pass? Mark Hoppus body $125

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Foamy, Apr 11, 2009.

1. Foamy

Foamy

Jun 26, 2006
    Sac Area
    The previous owner did a "relic" job on it. That's not really my thing. I'd replace the bridge with a BadAss anyhow, so I'd have to replace the pickguard screws, pickup screws and the volume knob - pretty cheap.
    The neck plate and screws are attached.

I was reeeeally tempted at $125. But I chickened out.

Should I grab it? Is this a fantastic deal, or just so-so?

2. LCW

LCW Banned

Mar 2, 2009
    OREGON!
    is the body totally complete? cuz the pickuos in it are worth 65$

if the relic looked bad and it was just the wood with no parts , i would pass kinda overpriced its just a MIM body but with string through

3. If you are going to put on a solid color finish you could 'unrelic' the body and fill in any unused holes, dents, etc. $125 for a Fender body is a good deal.

Rick B.

4. Foamy

Foamy

Jun 26, 2006
    Sac Area
    It has a BassLines pickup in it (relic'ed) - is that the pickup of which you speak? There's really not a lot of damage to the paint - and the pickguard is still in great shape. It's really the metal that was bugggered up. The grommets are also rusted/relic'ed - but it may be too big a pain to yank those out.

5. J. Crawford

J. Crawford Supporting Member

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    Sounds like it.

Leaves a lot of spare cash to go into a really good neck, hardware, etc.

6. Foamy

Foamy

Jun 26, 2006
    Sac Area
    Bought it! Now the work begins - first step is to find a bridge. The previous owner simply rusted all the metal, so new pg screws, p/up screws, volume knob, and the output jack. But the bridge may be a pain as it's string-through. I have BadAss's on my Jag and Geddy so maybe I'll go that way here as well. All, thanks for the feedback! Cheers!

7. Try a Badass III. They're made for the string-through Fenders IIRC.

8. Or one of the new HMV Fender bridges.