1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

good deal? worth it?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by goodeyesniper75, Mar 14, 2008.

1. i have a guy that would trade my geddy jazz +$300, for a 83' rick 4003. is it worth it? no problems with the rick, just usual wear on the paint. I've never purchased a older interment b4 and am a little unsure.

steve

2. Kennethfaria

Kennethfaria Banned

Mar 12, 2008
    Do it up!
    But play it first make sure theres nothing fishy with the neck of the rick though.

3. Baird6869

Baird6869 RIP Gord Downey. A True Canadian Icon.

Absolutely. I traded my Geddy and a bit more money for a EBMM Sterling and both of us are happy. If a RIC is what you want... go for it.

Bottom line.....
    Used Geddy is worth $550-700
    Used RIC 4003 is worth $1000-1300.

4. ok good. i really want a rick, its more my style...he said the neck is perfect, just the clear is worn on the back of the neck.

5. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Check it out, if it really is in as good of a shape as you say it is, do it.

6. Yes! Good deal in your favor.

7. If the Ric is as good as the seller says (and you want a Ric), this is a good deal.