Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Good Deal?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Circus, Mar 28, 2004.

1. Hey, I am looking for a new bass, for around a grand canadian. I found this cirrus which I can get for that budget, do you think it is a good deal? I unfortunately can't play before I buy, but have played a cirrus before. Here are pics
    http://members.aol.com/axepic/cirrus4.jpg
    what do you think?

2. Emprov

Emprov

Mar 19, 2003
    It's an alright deal, not great but certainly not bad. They can be had for a little less if you look around but you gotta weigh in your own mind if it's worth the wait. Heck, offer the guy $925CDN and see what happens!

3. Schwinn

Schwinn

Dec 4, 2002
    Sarasota, FL
    I watched ebay for months and months...Its amazing how many are out there. Don't fret if you miss this one.

BTW, what's up with that light mark on the front body?

4. Looks like the slap monster got hold of it. I've played a few basses with slap marks under the high string, but never anything like that. It reminds me of Willie Nelson's guitar with the hole in it from him playing it with a pick. Takes alot of value out of that bass methinks.

Just my $0.03CD.

5. Yeah, I was thinking of re-finnishing it when I have time and a little cash, as long as it doesn't take away from the sound. What kind of duties would I be paying for getting it shipped accross the border? I am also a little nervous because I have talked to people (my teacher for one) who have been screwed pretty bad. He is a pretty stand up guy, but what if something goes wrong with it in a few months? I just really wanna cirrus :) but am too im patient to save up for a new one.

6. Knavery

Knavery

Feb 24, 2004
    Denver, CO
    There's a six string Cirrus on eBay from either yesterday or today in what looks like great condition going for I think $900US.

Knavery

7. Circus,
    Are you set on a 4 string ?, I know where there's a Cirrus 5 in Walnut, with case, that you can probably snag for around $900 CDN and it's local. PM me if you're interested and I'll tell you more.

8. byrdsfan

byrdsfan

Feb 9, 2004
    L.I.
    Isn't $900 Canadian the same as 3 cents? (sorry, i couldn't resist).