Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Good deal?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by fleabass89, Apr 2, 2001.

1. On Ebay there is a Hartke 3500 Bass amp combo that I get for $399.99 if I buy it before the reserve is met. Is this a good deal? This is the description:

<b>
    Hartke is known as THE BASS AMP for the professional bassist. It features 250 watts RMS at 8 ohms (350 watts with additional 8 ohm cabinet), 2-10" aluminum drivers, XLR output, effects send return, equalizer, tube and transistor preamps as well as other pro features.

All the controls and LED's work, The amp is in EXCELLENT condition. There are no tears in the carpet cover. There are no marks on the faceplace. The sound is LOUD with a bottom and definition that rivals all other amps on the market. All in all a like new unit. </b>

what do you think? There are 9 days left.

2. Hey Flea, are you sure it's a combo? I just went to the Samash website and The 3500 was described exactly as you said, but, it was just a head. It sells
    for $449.00 brand new. Even so, it sounds like you'd be getting the above head for $50.00 less than brand new, but with a 2-10 bottom for free. I happen to like Hartke.
    I almost bought one of their kickbacks. This sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

Mike J.

www.samash.com

3. JohnL

JohnL

Sep 20, 2000
    Grayson, GA
    The 3500 is a head. They did (do?) make a combo with the 2x10 config, but I thought it was the 2000 head they used in it, I don't remember the model number. The seller could be selling a head and a 2x10 cabinet (Transporter Series, given the asking price?) and just left that part out of the description. Not to overstate the obvious, but I would email the seller with any questions BEFORE bidding!

4. it is a combo, there's even a picture of it, but someone already bought it so it doesn't even matter.