Good deal?

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by SunShine, Mar 16, 2005.

1. Go immediately to the newbie section at the top of the forum. Read all the threads related to selecting and buying a bass. Read all the threads about cheap imported basses. After reading, DO NOT BUY THIS BASS. There is plenty of information in the newbie links that will tell you why you should not buy this bass and how you should go about finding a decent instrument.
  2. cabin dweller

cabin dweller Supporting Member

Dec 17, 2004
    Ridgeland, WI
    It would make a good paddle for Queen Mary. ha!
    I would be carefull buyin' no name ebay junk.
  3. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    C'mon, it must be a great bass...look at all those exclamation points!!!!!
  4. hdiddy

hdiddy Official Forum Flunkee Supporting Member

Mar 16, 2004
    San Francisco, CA
    It's even got Kerfing!!!! Even those old german basses don't even got that!
  5. brutuscheezcake

brutuscheezcake Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2003
    Bodega Bay

USE THE FORCE LUKE.... (i couldnt help myself)

resist the urge until you do the newbie read and get out and play a few.

read everything you can on

find a decent string instrument shop up near you.

a good teacher would solve all of you questions for you, find one who fits what you want to do. dont call a symphony dude, if you want to do rockabilly.

call hammond ashley, they are up by you. they are just south of SEA-TAC by about 10 minutes. and there certainly are many others in the area, i just happen to know those guys are WELL THOUGHT of. last time on tour thru the area i went in a spent a while playing everything they had. what a selection!

go rent a bass, rather than make a $500 mistake.

a bad instrument is just like a bad relationship. external factors could keep you in that bad relationship a long time. its convenient.

the right relationship will payoff everyday. teh wrong one isnt worth the hassle. AND it will ruin the experience.

if you really desire to make music, you will really want it to sound nice. POS basses will not make your music shine, SunShine!

gee, what are the bassists you like playing? ask on talkbass. someone will know.

if you do the homework, you will be rewarded with decent tone, not poor tone.

and start saving

i did. when i bought my first upright (i got it in january of this year), i saved my money for a while, sold a couple of other basses.

i wanted my first decision to be the right bass that i could go working with when i was ready. a bass setup to my specs (mainly pizz), a good strong bass with NO ISSUES. i did my research here, went out and played at HA, stein on vine, lemur and made my decision with the knowledge that i understood what i truly wanted out of my first bass

sorry to sound so didactic... but this is very important

your bud,