Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Good Deal

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Sippy, Feb 24, 2006.

1. Sippy

Sippy

Aug 1, 2005
    Stuart,Florida
  2. ibz

ibz

Apr 14, 2005
    Columbus, OH
    Could easily go up in a matter of minutes...

It still will probably go fairly cheap. If the price stayed there with 2 hrs left in the auction instead of 2 days, you'd definately would more likely get a good deal on it.

3. Sippy

Sippy

Aug 1, 2005
    Stuart,Florida

I understand that... yet since there is no reserve, you are likely to get a good price on it. Many people have been looking for amps lately, thought I'd help out. There are also a lot of 800RBs on eBay going pretty low and nearing the end of the bidding.

BTW *** is on your avatar? It's been bothering me and I can't make it out.

4. ibz

ibz

Apr 14, 2005
    Columbus, OH
    It's a Frilled Lizard, they're from Australia. And really are quite harmless, but pretty neat because they have a big frill that folds out, and they gape their mouth's open so they seem much bigger/ scarier to thwart predators.

Google like tons of info here.

Random pick of the bunch for info here.

I guess it's pretty different from most avatars you see. Does the avatar bug you, or not being able to tell what it quite is?

5. ibz

ibz

Apr 14, 2005
    Columbus, OH
    But as far as thread goes I bet someone will get a pretty good starting amp for cheap.

6. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

One severe limitation of this head is that is only goes down to 8 ohms...

7. ibz

ibz

Apr 14, 2005
    Columbus, OH
    Wow, that makes it a lot versatile, your essentially stuck with one cab.

And unlike guitar cabs, you don't see that many 16ohm cabs for bass...

8. No you don't se many 16 ohm bass cabs but some can be rewired to 16 from 4 or 8. Depending on how many drivers and their rated impedance. so you could have two cabs with a little work

9. Sippy

Sippy

Aug 1, 2005
    Stuart,Florida

ohh no it doesn't bother me.. It was driving me nuts trying to figure out what it is... the Sad thing of it is, I owned 3 frilled lizards :( I guess of all people I should have known! lol