good deals on basses

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by big daddy cool, Dec 28, 2001.

1. ok... well... I'm seeking advice on two related things. The first is that I'm looking for a new bass but I'm wanting one that's cheapish, no more than about $400 so I't have to be really good value for money. Buy that I mean I want a good bass but i dont want to pay good bass prices and if anyone could reccomend some for me to have a look at that is in that kind of price range that would be great.

The second thing is that I'm needing to find somewhere to get this bass from, so if anyone has any idea of good places online to purchase basses (ebay i allready know of) thats great too. Oh, and also if anyone else living in Edinburgh knows anywhere not too far away please say.

Thank very much for your input, and if it helps for you reccomending value basses, I like to play alot of funk and nu-metal. I currently own an Ibanez gsr-200 so I'll be looking for something similar in terms of playability, not sound. Thanx again.
  2. Check out
    Prices are pretty low and they have a wide selection.
    I'm probably gonna get one from there pretty soon, but I can't decide if I want the Yamaha BBG5 five string or the Dean Edge 5 string. Ive heard and played both, and at $300 each, they are priced well.