Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Good deals on Fenders

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by seansbrew, Feb 23, 2006.

1. seansbrew

seansbrew Supporting Member

Oct 23, 2000
    Mesa AZ.
  2. iriegnome

iriegnome Bassstar style Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    I would love to try a American P-Deluxe 5. I can't find one locally to try.

3. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    If those prices listed are what they are, i dont see the good deal?

4. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
    Most of the higher end models are around 200 bucks cheaper than they are selling for new on Musiciansend website.

5. Jason Carota

Jason Carota Gold Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
    The four string sunburst P looks mighty fine.

6. seansbrew

Oct 23, 2000
    Mesa AZ.
    There are several pages of these basses. Click on next search at the bottom.

7. seansbrew

Oct 23, 2000
    Mesa AZ.
    For the most part, there is not one bass shop in town (besides the bass place) that I can walk into and see this kind of inventory. Most of these basses have to be orderded and are rarely stocked;At least in this part of the woods. Most of these prices are about 100 to 200 bucks less than most places.

8. AxtoOx

AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    I just bought a Jazz 24 QMT on a whim. I got it new a little cheaper. Just a couple $$. And mine is prettier.:spit: Mine is more Tobbaco burst than orange, my camera is out of batteries.

9. seansbrew

Oct 23, 2000
    Mesa AZ.
    With out pics, it doesn't exist.:p

10. SGT. Pepper

SGT. Pepper Banned

Nov 20, 2005
    Phila,Pa.
    They aren't no bargain.

11. AxtoOx

AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    I found some.

12. seansbrew

Oct 23, 2000
    Mesa AZ.
    Thats really nice, congrats.

13. SoulMaim

SoulMaim

Dec 1, 2005
    Ontario
    I got a highway 1 Precision at a local music store on midnight madness for $500 CDN. It was labelled as "demo", but its still pretty decent.

14. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

15. edfriedland

edfriedland Supporting Member

Sep 14, 2003
    Austin, TX
    I was just by there on Tuesday, they certainly have a lot of nice ones. The new Mexican made Classic line looks terrific. I can't say if the prices are better or not, but those are very reasonably priced axes.

16. Most of those basses are a couple bucks cheaper than other places I've seen them, but they basically are demos and I am guessing you'll have to shell out for shipping, too. But if you see something you like, have at!

17. Indiana Mike

Indiana Mike

Nov 18, 2005
    This post is old but, I would suspect that if they went to namm they would more than likely be free of fit , finish and playability problems. Or am I way off

18. seansbrew

Oct 23, 2000
    Mesa AZ.
    I started this thread Yesterday?:D They are all brand new instuments that are specially chosen for the show (they want to show off you know). As far as playability, They seemed better than average.