Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Good DVD instructional?(merged thread)

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by Usul, Apr 4, 2001.

1. Just wondering where I can find instructional material in DVD format?I know where to get all the VHS stuff but have a hard time finding DVDs.Since I got my DVD player for christmas I ended up loaning my VCR to my brother in law.

I am mainly concerned with with DVDs covering bassics but it would be fun to have some "flashy" stuff to drool over! :D

Vielen Dank im voraus!

Dein,

Usul

2. Darrelpr

Darrelpr

Feb 2, 2002
    Texas, USA
    I'm looking for a good DVD instructional video - aimed at the beginner to intermediate level and focusing on sight-reading and/or general technique (although slap/pop technique would be cool too).

(and VHS format is not an option for me at this point.)

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

3. misterk73

misterk73

Apr 11, 2002
    Flagstaff, AZ
    If anyone has anything to say about good instruction -- any level, any style -- on DVD, I'd REALLY like to hear it.

May as well add Mac-compatible CD-ROM to the list, too...

4. misterk73

misterk73

Apr 11, 2002
    Flagstaff, AZ
    If anyone has anything to say about good instruction -- any level, any style -- on DVD, I'd REALLY like to hear it.

May as well add Mac-compatible CD-ROM to the list, too...

5. misterk73

misterk73

Apr 11, 2002
    Flagstaff, AZ
    I didn't find much about either of these media in this forum.

Any recommends out there for insructional DVDs or Mac-compatible CD-ROMs? Any warnings about bad product?

I'd love to hear about what you've found to be worthwhile and terrible -- any style, any level.

Thanks!

6. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    I don't know why the industry is so hesitant to put their instructional video catalogue on DVD (apart from abysmal video quality in Hotlicks' case :mad: ).

The only bass DVD I know is the Bass Day 98 with Victor Wooten - you can safely buy that one, it's a must-have on either VHS or DVD.