1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Good ebay deal???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Rick Martin, Mar 30, 2004.

1. Aristotle

Aristotle

May 12, 2002
    Easton, MD
    Thats a pretty good deal man. I think they sell for over 600 usually. I really like how they sound as Im a pretty big fan of SWR. I always play through one of those when im testing out basses at GC. Congrats.

2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    That's a steal. It's the newer model, too. Way to go, man!

3. Awsome steal man lowest ive seen em go was about 400 enjoy you're new SWR i sure know i love em! Tell us how it sounds and all once you reviece it.

-Vince :hyper: :D

4. I went and picked up my Combo 15 from the ebay seller who lives fifteen minutes away. He was seriously bummed that it went for only $285. He was expecting at least $350 -$400. Anyway, he gave me the original receipt from Mars Music $650 and the manual. I took it home, plugged it in and Yo this thing is a total beast! It's big and it's bad. If you saw my other posts about the Hartke 1410, you know I still have that and that sounds great too. I guess I'll try putting an ad in the paper to sell that. I don't want to ebay it. I think the shipping on something so big and heavy isn't practical and I don't want to get hosed like my SWR seller did because there just wasn't enough local interest.

5. that's an incredible deal, as well as a sweet amp!

to me it's the best 15 combo out there!

very clean sound....and it's pretty loud, the DI is nice too...deffinately a great amp

I've been using one for 2 years now and I'm finally almost upgraded to the "big rig" world...but I still love that thing!

6. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    Murfreesboro, TN (Nashville)
    Dealer LowEndBassShop.com, Builder LowEndBasses.com
    WoW, I think thats the same guy that was wanting to trade it & $100 for my Eden wt400. I agree to the trade and then a day later he called and cancelled and said he would ebay it first.

Looks like a dodged a bullet!!!

Great buy!!! :bassist:

7. Awsome to hear man I hope it serves you well for a long long time. Congrats once again on the steal of a buy. Lets hear those ear drums pound.

-Vince

8. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    Assuming its in working order,,, $285 for a WM15 is amazing... I've been averaging certain amps pricess for ebay for a while now. The avg price I've found is $380.