1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Good EHX Customer Service Experience

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Swimming Bird, May 8, 2010.

1. Swimming Bird

Swimming Bird

Apr 18, 2006
    Wheaton MD
    After playing around with some of my pedals, the second member of my chiptunes 'n' bass duet -- Nonfinite -- decided he wanted a delay. This was a few months ago and I basically tricked him into to getting an analog delay -- an EHX Memory Toy.

It worked pretty well, but he had a hard tie getting sounds he really wanted. Additionally, he was big into LSDJ at the time -- a four-voice programmable synth in the vane of Abbleton -- and it wasn't to useful. However, he just made a switch to nanoloop which has a wider, more hi-fi found palate and is much more playable live and he wanted to use the delay again.

After pulling the MT out of mothballs, it didn't work. Clean signal went through fine, but no delay. He was frustrated and was thinking about using one of my delays, but I convinced him to shoot EHX an email -- they totally came through! He only had to pay S&H one way and they replaced the pedal for free with minimal hassle. It turns out he got an early 2-PCB version that was failure-prone.

Long story short, EHX seems to have great customer service which IMO makes up for occasional QC and engineering issues. Now the MT's on pretty much every song of ours.

Anyone else have a crappy EHX experience that turned around?