Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Good envelope filter for under $100?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by basss, Jul 26, 2004.

1. basss

basss

Aug 27, 2001
    NYC
    I don't like the sound of the DOD. I do like mutrons. Is there anything that doesn't suck for live use for no more than $99.99?

2. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    check out the electro harmonics stuff. You cAn probably find something for under 100$ depending on what you want and if used is OK.

3. basss

basss

Aug 27, 2001
    NYC
    Thanks! Have you checked out the Qtron and if so whats the difference between it and the Bassballs?

4. geeyza

geeyza

Apr 6, 2004
    boozer
    in that budget range probably mini q tron (new) might be the one,but I would say ,save up a bit more and get the q tron (ofcourse you can always save up a lot more and get the real thing!).q tron is cool.q tron and bassballs are very different.have a look at the older treads,you can find a lot of info in there ,anyways ,good luck mate,peace

5. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001

the Q-tron has quite a few useful sounds IMO, the bassballs is more of a one trick pony. Actually, it has two tricks but one sounds like ass. I own both, and use the Q-tron far more.

6. basss

basss

Aug 27, 2001
    NYC
    Anyone try the Guyatone Bottom Wah Rocker?

7. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    I owned one for a while. I really liked how it sounded, but I just didn't use it that much, so I sold it to help fund the purchase of other "toys".

If I "needed" a bass wah/env.filter pedal, I'd buy one again. Here's a site that has sound samples:

http://www.buzzfox.com/guyatone.html

(The sound samples are OK, and give an idea of what the pedals sound like, but they sound much better in person, IMO.)

This just in... ...Here's one on eBay (not mine):

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=41422&item=3738915760&rd=1